Sally OSullivan Psychotherapy Privacy Notice
26a Sutherland Place, London W2 5BZ
This policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
I am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the law requires me to explain your rights and my obligations to you. I ask that you carefully read this Privacy Notice as it contains information the following:
- The personal data I request
- Your privacy rights and your protection under the law.
I collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address,
- Telephone number, postal address
- Emergency contact details
- Preference for receiving information by Email or phone or text
When you become a client a contract is formed between us. The service I provide you as a client, necessitates you providing me with personal information. I process this information on the basis that there is a contract between us, or that you have requested I use the information before we enter into a contract. I continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or until it is terminated by either party.
The lawful basis and purpose of the processing:
- Your ‘explicit consent’ is the lawful basis for the processing of your personal data. The purpose of the processing is to provide you with an efficient service in terms of arranging appointments and for professional record-keeping.
- Your personal information will not be shared unless you give permission, or I am required by law to do so.
- Your personal data is kept to help provide you with the services you have requested.
- For the purposes of record keeping.
- To comply with the law.
- To comply with the regulations of the professional body the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- To support a claim or a defence in a court of law.
Your control of your personal data:
- Your personal information will be held and processed until you withdraw consent.
- You have the right to have your information erased.
- You have the right to request access to the personal information that is held. I will respond within 30 days.
- You have the right to have your personal data corrected.
- You have the right to lodge complaint regarding the use of your personal data with the ICO https://ico.org.uk/ concerns/
Information we process with your implicit consent:
- You provide your consent to me to process information that may be personal data through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us. Such as when you browse my website, or ask me to provide you with more information about my services.
- Wherever possible, I aim to obtain your explicit consent to process this data.
- Sometimes you give your consent implicitly, such as when you write to me requesting a response.
- When you contact me by telephone or by email, I collect the data you have given me in order to give the information you have requested.
- I record your request and your reply on the basis that there is a legitimate interest to efficiently manage our business communication.
- I keep personally identifiable information associated with your message (such as your name, telephone number, or email address) so as to communicate with you and provide a service.
- I may be obliged to process information because I have a statutory obligation to comply with a legal requirement. (For example, I may be required to give information to legal authorities, if they so request, or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.)
- I will continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent.
- You may withdraw your consent at anytime by writing to the above address or by sending an email to: email@example.com
- I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. I have policies and procedures in place to prevent unauthorised disclosure and to safeguard the information that is collected.
- If I should receive a complaint, I will record all the information I am given.
- I will use that information to resolve the complaint.
- If I think a complaint is vexatious or without basis, I shall not enter into correspondence
- If you have a complaint about how your data has been processed you should inform me by email
Links to other websites:
- My website contains links to other websites of interest.
- However, once you have accessed these links, I do not have control over those websites.